Saturday, February 9, 2008

Suction Cup Cheese Grater


One of my main tools is my cheese grater. I got it from my mom, she has one similar. I know people don't really know about these because of what I hear when people see it/use it at our house. I was planning to just look it up online and give you a link- but I can't find any!! So here is a picture, and maybe you can find one on ebay sometime-- I would highly recommend getting one. Then you don't have to buy shredded cheese with the anti-caking agents, or other additives. It also works for veggies- this is what I use to grate zucchini, carrots and potatoes.
I found this one on Amazon.com:

4 comments:

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

We have one like that, and its a bit easier to dig out than the food processor thing. :)

Stephane said...

After a little poking around I found a similar new product: Maxam Salad Maker. (Vintage models were manufactured by Hollywood, Rival, and Sears but the suction cup base may be defunct.)

Stephane said...

But wait, there're more.

New and vintage models: Salad Master,Saladmaster

Anonymous said...

Those are the shredding/slicing cones from the Kitchen Aid stand mixer. That hand-crank for it is great though. Would like to have one for smaller jobs when getting out the heavy equipment is overkill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails